Development and Program CoordinatorCompany: CURE Childhood Cancer
Date Posted: November 29, 2017
Development and Program Coordinator, Savannah
Reporting to the Patient & Family Services / Community Engagement Manager, Savannah, the Development and Program Coordinator, Savannah is responsible for providing high quality support primarily in the area of fundraising. The Development and Program Coordinator must have an adaptive/flexible work style, must have a high level of initiative and must also have the ability to manage multiple projects in a solution focused manner. The Development and Program Coordinator will work from home requiring a high level of self-motivation and time management skills. This position requires an advanced level of accountability, problem solving, customer service, and interpersonal skills. Must be willing to attend occasional weekend and evening events.
Support and maintain the vision, mission, priorities and guiding principles of CURE, as established by the Board of Directors. Understand the strategic direction and purpose of CURE and conform to the stated strategies and business needs.
- Assist the Patient & Family Services / Community Engagement Manager, Savannah and CURE’s Director of Development in helping grow the financial levels of support for the organization
- Assist in production of stewardship pieces such as mailings, e-communications and invitations
- Managing the September Gold Mailbox Bow Program in Savannah
- Provide Annual Fund Campaign support in Savannah and South Georgia including researching and analyzing individual donors and prospects, cultivating prospects and stewarding donors.
- Provide support for all Sisters on a Journey fundraising dinners
- Manage third party events in Savannah and South Georgia
- Conceptualize cultivation events and new programs with the Patient & Family Services/Community Engagement Manager and Director of Development
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with all contacts, including prospects, donors, patients and families, volunteers, hospital leaders and staff, and general public
- Assist with Patient and Family support programs as needed
- Support events, including events hosted by CURE Named Funds, CURE special events and third-party events. This includes Team Alexa Events in St. Simons, September Ice Cream Social, and CURE Holiday Party.
- College degree and 3 years prior development experience strongly preferred
- Outstanding organizational skills and multi-tasking ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self- motivated with a positive attitude
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to independently perform all duties of the position
- Accurate and thorough in completing work
- Ability to develop working knowledge of database software
- Ability to adjust and modify according to supervisor feedback