Date Posted: May 22, 2017
The mission of One Hundred Miles (OHM) is to preserve, protect, and enhance Georgia's 100-mile coast. Founded in 2013, OHM is the only organization focused on combatting the multiple threats to the entire 100-mile Georgia coast and promoting the importance of its robust wildlife, vast landscapes, and vibrant communities. Each and every day, our team is on the front-lines advocating for environmental issues impacting the Georgia coast and activating citizens, businesses, and partners to engage in the process. We are headquartered in Brunswick, Georgia and have recently expanded to a second office in Savannah, Georgia.
One Hundred Miles is seeking an energetic, highly-motivated individual to join our team as a Development Coordinator preferably in our Savannah office, working from our Brunswick office may be an option. The primary responsibility of the Development Coordinator will be to manage our membership program, an important revenue and communication channel for the organization. To support membership goals, the position will process quarterly appeals, monthly renewals, and digital communications to OHM members. The position will also manage and maintain all aspects of our donor database to ensure accurate and timely reporting, acknowledgments, and solicitations. Additionally, the Development Coordinator will provide general support in other areas of fundraising including events, grants, communications, and research.
One Hundred Miles is seeking an energetic, highly-motivated individual to join our team as a Development Coordinator preferably in our Savannah office, working from our Brunswick office may be an option.
- Manage all aspects of donor database (Salesforce)
- Process gift acknowledgment letters and provide weekly gift reports to OHM staff
- Reconcile Salesforce reports with Finance department
- Manage all aspects of membership appeals (print and digital)
- Manage all aspects of monthly membership renewals
- Develop compelling donor communications (letters, email, website)
- Generate regular donor reports; track trends and growth in connection with development goals
- Conduct research to identify new donor prospects
- Maintain a calendar of all membership activities and deadlines
Sponsorship, Grants, and Business Partnerships
- Conduct research to identify new corporate and foundation prospects
- Manage and grow retail partnerships and promotions
- Coordinate business giving opportunities via Adopt-a-Mile sponsorship program and similar initiatives
- Provide support to VP of Philanthropy in managing portfolio of corporate and foundation donors
- Provide support in securing corporate sponsorship for the annual Choosing to Lead Conference and other events
- Work with VP of Philanthropy to develop and coordinate new fundraising event(s)
- Work with VP of Philanthropy to plan monthly cultivation events (i.e., birding, kayaking, open houses, coffees, etc.) to increase annual membership in different markets
- Work with Outreach team to represent OHM at community festivals and events (i.e., Earth Day Festivals, March for Science, etc.)
Required Skills & Qualifications
The successful candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years of development, nonprofit, or related experience
- Knowledge of fundraising processes
- Experience with database systems (Salesforce considered a plus)
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to collaborate and be a team player
- Superior attention to detail
- Proven communication skills, both oral and written
- Customer service skills
- Ability to travel occasionally (15% of the time)
The Development Coordinator should be extremely competent in working with membership databases and enjoy talking with donors and meeting people. He/She must have an appreciation for the Georgia coast and a passion for protecting the environment.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by June 15, 2017. No phone calls, please. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and a comprehensive benefits package. EOE.