Database SpecialistCompany: Savannah Country Day
Date Posted: March 7, 2017
The Savannah Country Day School seeks a Database Specialist to join the Department of Institutional Advancement. The database specialist will work closely with staff from the I.T., Admissions, Advancement, and Finance departments to map business processes, improve the integrity and reporting flow of sensitive school data, and make suggestions for continuous improvement and adoption of best practices. A strong command of Raiser’s Edge and Blackbaud K12 is preferred, as is a general understanding of the flow of data in an educational environment, particularly in the area of fundraising.
- Data entry of confidential information
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques, and provide ongoing reports to Director of Institutional Advancement.
- Serve as subject matter expert for Raiser’s Edge NXT for Advancement department
- Document how school data flows from one database to another, across varying departments and work to gain trust of key personnel responsible for managing data.
- Map and define business processes for key administrative departments and suggest needed upgrades and improvement to data management
- Filter and “clean” data, and review computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct data problems
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Train faculty and staff on improved applications or business processes
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or database specialist in an educational fundraising environment
- Experience working with staff across departments to gain trust and support of department initiatives regarding data
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of school data systems including Raiser’s Edge NXT and Blackbaud K12
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A willingness to learn new things and a desire to seek improvement within all systems