Development AssistantCompany: Reed House, Inc.
Date Posted: March 1, 2017
Company: Reed House, Inc.
Date Posted: March 1, 2017
The Development Assistant works with the President to transition from the President to the Development Assistant all fundraising, communication, and marketing efforts of Reed House to include events, grants, social media, website, and annual fundraising campaigns. The Development Assistant manages all correspondence with donors and the donor database under the guidance of the President. In addition, the Development Assistant promotes Reed House objectives via community engagement and an online presence.
This is a position that will grow with you. The successful applicant will begin by assuming responsibility for the tasks defined below that best align with the applicant’s experience and skills. When the transition is complete, the Development Assistant will be considered for promotion to Development Director.
Reed House will consider an applicant who desires a part-time position or a flexible work schedule where the applicant can demonstrate prior experience with efficient time management. The anticipated start date for this position is July 1, 2017.
Preferred Education/experience requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications, or nonprofit management
• Minimum two years marketing, administrative, or development experience
• Volunteer experience in fundraising activities for Savannah charities
• Personal commitment to the mission of Reed House
• Computer proficiency using at a minimum Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
• Event coordination experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and keen attention to details
• High degree of professionalism while maintaining complete confidentiality
• Able to work both independently and as part of a team, handling multiple assignments
• Ability to interact effectively with donors, prospects, volunteers, staff, and the public
• Devise and implement fundraising strategies
• Devise and implement marketing strategies
• Assist President and Executive Director administratively
• Maintain donor database
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with the Development & Marketing Committee to establish short-term and long-term goals
• Research and cultivate foundations for fundraising purposes
• Prepare and submit grant applications to appropriate foundations
• Process and maintain records of all gifts and pledges to the organization
• Coordinate and implement the Annual Fund Drive and Capital Fund Campaigns with the President and Development Committee
• Coordinate and implement public relations and marketing strategies
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the media. Disseminate information, on a timely basis, to news media about events and personnel including writing news releases, coordinating press conferences and placing "spot" announcements
• Initiate and maintain relationships with appropriate community organizations, businesses, and professional organizations
• Assist President in identifying and cultivating prospective donors
Please send your resume to Jane Nangle at JNangle@Reed-House.org.